Better light a candle, than curse the darkness

How do I attach/ upload a photo?

2 Likes

Agreed. But can you be more specific so that the exact irritant can be identified and rectified ? YES you can get an alert for all the thread you are interested in. Have to turn on that specific facility when you post anything. Select the right option you want Watching/Tracking/Normal/Muted from the radio button just below (left side) your post.

1 Like

This all can got sorted by a posting a easier tutorial version because many of my friends are asking for a easier tutorial version which should be flashed just like other app do whenever a person install it in the phone what do you say? @Arunan @drpartha @GN

3 Likes

We need to do that. But at the same time we need good ideas in how to make the experience simple.

2 Likes

Use the upload button on your editor, the 10th one from left.
uploadpic

2 Likes

It would be useful if the Navigation of Topics is categorized and displayed accordingly…

As of now based on my interest if I have to search for biology topics then I have to scroll from top to bottom…

1 Like

Biology is not a category. If all the bio topics have a tag ‘Biology’ then you can list topics of them.

2 Likes

Yes… so let’s do that!

Then it will become easy to browse topics of interest category/tag wise…

1 Like

This is what I would do if I do not want to miss Biology topics. Go to preferences, select tags, and do the following:

1 Like

@Arunan uses a smartphone to work. The upload button is right below the editor (first of the two) on the right hand side. The place where ‘here’ appears in the screenshot.

1 Like

See this reply below:

1 Like

This is the kind of useful tip that a How-to or FAQ or walkthrough tutorial will make very useful.

3 Likes

Sure, let us develop it.

2 Likes

YES. That is precisely the suggestion I made some time back.

1 Like

I completely agree! @bivasnag

1 Like

Do we have it now? Where? @vvcstemplay

1 Like

Have we incorporated this yet? @vvcstemplay

1 Like

By taking the tutorial and advanced tutorial courses with @discobot one shouldn’t have any navigational issues or any other kind of issue regarding writing a post while taking part in a conversation. You will also get extra badges for completing the following tutorials. Wiki

To take a Basic Tutorial course just click on @discobot and send a message with only the following content.

To take a Advanced Tutorial course just click on @discobot and send a message with only the following content.

One will get certificates after completing the tutorials and the bot guides very well through the tutorials.

Basic Tutorial Certificate:

Advanced Tutorial Certificate

3 Likes

I am very happy to see that you got an advanced certificate as well. Congratulations.

1 Like

TECHNOLOGY FEATURE

03 February 2020

Tech tools to make research more open and inclusive

Laboratory heads are deploying apps and software in innovative ways to build broad and diverse research groups.

Embracing that spirit of sharing solutions, resources and power can go a long way towards transforming laboratories into welcoming, fair workplaces. “Science is a social process. We do it in teams and we do it best when we are a diverse, respectful team who care about each other,” says Weir. “It’s also more fun that way.”

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00216-z?utm_source=Nature+Briefing&utm_campaign=2ce9c58d9a-briefing-dy-20200203&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-2ce9c58d9a-43333725

1 Like