Can Dead Fruit fly be Tasty Enough?: Cannibalism in Drosophila

Here’s the Video link to the videoour group made during last CUBE STEM meet 2019,It deals with a question that whether drosophila really possess Cannibalism! Made with Abhishek,Lydia, Rajeshree,Sheetal,Siddhi
Our Objective is to find out whether the Drosophila larvae are attracted to dead larvae of it’s own kind …since it’s olfaction onlg which leads drosophila larvae towards the fruity smell,so if it gets attracted to dead larvae or dead flies,then it means Larva is liking it! :blush: And there is a possibility that it would Eat it!
Here’s the link

7 Likes

Hi @KomalKotra can you edit the post and reupload the video. It is uploading was not completed

How do we design an experiment to prove that larvae eats on dead adult flies?

2 Likes

Hey @KomalKotra
Upload this movie in Movies section too…
So that we can have that thread with just the movies

2 Likes

I have attached the google Drive link since the file is Very huge so it’s better with a drive link

1 Like

I have attached the Google Drive link to the video since it’s 178 MB it wasn’t uploaded before

2 Likes

You may have to change the permissions of the video or regenerate the link. Thanks.

1 Like

So did you do the experiment where you will compare between the same species fruit fly and a different fly just to check whether this is an act of cannibalism???

1 Like

I have changed it sir,You can view the video now!:blush: