Inventory for your own Makerspace

Please give a link where you gave the cost etc. Without link given to us, it is like me talking to you in Swahili!

3 Likes

The links are given, i am sharing all the links related to IOT Micro Weather Station once again.

For building an IOT Micro Weather Station please visit:

For watching our deployed IOT Micro Weather Station please visit:

For Bill of Material (BOM) of an IOT Micro Weather Station please find:

4 Likes

Hi @ABHISHEK_CHANDRAKAR.
Great to know a Atal tinkering lab incharge. Have you done any projects? Would be very interesting to know about them.

1 Like

yup we have made
1.Mine detecting Shoes
2. Verical Wind Turbine
3.Bluetooth Car

3 Likes

Tell us the procedure to make this

How we will display the output in computer

2 Likes

Just go through the Invitation: IOT Micro Weather Station - MakerSpace Chat - ChatShaala

For publishing data we are using thingsboard (an open source IOT platform), hosted it on our server as iot.metastudio.org. When you finish the task 1 of IoT Micro Weather Station: Temperature and Humidity - MakerSpace Chat - ChatShaala, we will be providing you an account on our it server, where you can create your own dashboard and visualise the data.

For creating dashboard and publishing the data on it, links are provided in the project.

Happy exploring and Making! :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

I am wanting to make this weather station I do have essential tools and components listed in the bill of materials but not 3d printer what can be done

4 Likes

@Kushagramathur You can try out using simple plastic objects around us. Check out the weather station thread by @Farhan here.

3 Likes

Also, depending on where you are located, you ought to easily find a local laser cutting service - they don’t cost a lot. If you can do the design, an enclosure can be laser cut from acrylic sheets (3mm / 5mm / 6mm thick) for quite cheap

3 Likes

thank you for the help i know how to design and we have 3d printer in our school but currently due to covid we are not going school.

2 Likes

3D printer is not a necessity for most projects. We can opt for several jugad ideas from what we have.

1 Like

yes thanks will definately try

Nice. It is very useful for doing new projects.:+1:t3::ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

You can cut acrylic with an acrylic cutter. It costs Rs.10-20. You can also use a craft knife.
Bending is equally easy. Use a candle to heat the line at which you want a bend using a to and fro motion. When the piece begins to droop hold against a right angle edge like a table or a stack of of wood blocks or books and bend.
Take a look at this about bending acrylic Invitation: Building a Digital Microscope using a Webcam - #40 by jtd

2 Likes

Laser cut enclosures can be made quickly, and for a very low cost. I always try to avoid 3D printing if I can get away with the laser.

Here’s a laser cut Ras-Pi case which uses snap locking (this is for the very first Pi)

Here’s a more typical tabbed box enclosure cut from MDF
Lasercut box

You can also make interesting Box designs. Here’s one with integrated hinges

And if you can get the living hinge parameters dialled correct, then the designs turn out pretty nice too

5 Likes

Online component and electronic products vendors list

3 Likes

Living Hinge looks really cool. We should try that out.

@Ashish_Pardeshi, @Anool’s post reinforces our idea to make a laser cutter sooner than latter in the glab. whatsay @jtd ?

2 Likes

We should.
First we make an XY table. That is why I purchased this Mitutoyo dial caliper

And a stand for the caliper.
I used a piece of scrap granite as a flat surface.
Having a flat surface on a rigid table is the first requirement to build a CNC XY table.
The Z axis can be rigged with a suitable mount plate that can mount a laser or a 3d print head or a router head or a plasma torch.

3 Likes

My first attempt will be a modern cave man’s tool. A x axis 1.4M in length with a mount. I will mount an angle grinder on this. This will enable making a straight cut of maximum length1220mm (4ft). Replacing the angle grinder with a electric drill will allow drilling holes.
Initially I will move the head manually. Later I will add a lead screw and stepper motors. I expect the accuracy to be ±.5mm.

3 Likes

:smiley:
My first pc is also brought from lamington road 12 years ago and it is still working :sunglasses:

1 Like