Plan of Work, Nematodes

Plan of work
26-09-2019, Nematode group

Today I am going to do sampling of soil from pagalopos. Prepare the plain agar medium and will prepared the extraction plate. Since nematodes are present in soil I am taking soil sample from Pagalopos. The plain agar medium helps us to observe the movement of nematode as the plain agar is providing surface for movement. The extraction plate is to isolate nematodes by putting soil sample from pagalopos at the periphery of the plain agar plate and putting a drop of solution of soil and water in the centre of the plain agar plate, so there’s a possibility that the nematode will move towards the centre for their food i.e. bacteria which is present in the soil solution.

3 Likes

how many plates you will prepare?
How will you observe nematodes?
Which nematodes you are looking for?
What is the long term objective?

1 Like

please send todays work report @⁨Tejas⁩

Why not send photos of your nematodes isolation plates? Eagerly looking forward to…

Last time, due to my mistake, the extraction plates were prepared wrong. So Today I’m looking forward to make new ones.

Plan of work
14-10-2019,Nematode group

Today I am going to do sampling of soil from pagalopos. Prepare the plain agar medium and will prepared the extraction plate. Since nematodes are present in soil I am taking soil sample from Pagalopos. The plain agar medium helps us to observe the movement of nematode as the plain agar is providing surface for movement. The extraction plate is to isolate nematodes by putting soil sample from pagalopos at the periphery of the plain agar plate and putting a drop of solution of soil and water in the centre of the plain agar plate, so there’s a possibility that the nematode will move towards the centre for their food i.e. bacteria which is present in the soil solution.

2 Likes

Why no photos of the plates?
What are your expectations to get nematodes?
@Tejas

Plan of work, 18-10-2019

Today I am going to isolate nematodes using a loop on the extraction plates which were made

What has gone wrong last time? @Tejas @jaikishan