Updates on cube meet August 2019

Moina group explaining working of VPA as a HDAC inhibitor on moinas

6 Likes

3 Likes

Is the concentration of oxygen in the culture the reason why moinas are turning red or is there some other reason

Cardamine group explaining how by just dipping the cardamine plant in a solution containing bacteria plasmid can bring genetic changes in the plant
@bivasnag

3 Likes

Yeah, concentration of oxygen + the nutrition they feed on i.e. parasites, other bacterias also change the colour.

1 Like

If the level of oxygen decrease in the culture there is more production of hemoglobin these is the reason why moina turns red

2 Likes

Other reasons do affect too.

1 Like

How does nutrition affect the haemoglobin production or the moina turning red??
Any references?

1 Like

Can you name some reason

1 Like

Phyllanthus amarus group explains at what time the leaf is open completely

2 Likes

Yes I have one. The placement of Moinas feeding on algae also affect their redness.
For example, if we keep the Red Moinas culture in window light while feeding on algae, they will lose haemoglobin and if we keep them in dark while not feeding on algae, they remain red.

rspb.1948.0006.pdf (3.9 MB)

4 Likes

Ok so what i think is the amount of nutrition varies the amount of bacteria vary and hence oxygen concentration varies so this is how nutrition is responsible for the moinas to become red

3 Likes

But what if algae is not present in the culture

1 Like

Algae was just an example. Other flagellates also affect.

2 Likes

Posted the group photo in the events category.

Hydra group explaining how to understand if the basal part of the hydra is regenerated or not

2 Likes

Concept map of the model organism EARTHWORMS

4 Likes

Earthworm group showing how to make cup culture

4 Likes

Earthworm group explaining Gustatory response

4 Likes

Earthworm group showing Rapid escape response

3 Likes