When does phyllanthus sleep or wake up

Phyllanthus fraternus at 9:50 am. Hbcse cube lab Mumbai.
Upper photo is tray outside the lab, lower tray is kept inside the lab

3 Likes

So late risers? @mayur please post photo of this plant sleeping! And at what time?
I guess CUBE SN college Nattika has some interesting data of this plant as well as of Touch-me- not plant!

2 Likes

Actually we observed at 9:50 it leaves must have open earlier, yes we need to take the photographs early morning, may be from 6am or so.

1 Like

And today, let’s catch them in the evening to see when exactly they go to sleep and connect it to the weather station report on light intensity, temperature, humidity etc. Let’s connect our one side ( CUBE) with the other( Maker’s Space & Tinkering Lab)!
pH meter development is awaited for Drosophila medium prep etc @Ashish_Pardeshi

1 Like

@mayur @Ashish_Pardeshi @jaikishan @Nagarjuna And today, let’s catch them in the evening to see when exactly they go to sleep and connect it to the weather station report on light intensity, temperature, humidity etc. Let’s connect our one side ( CUBE) with the other( Maker’s Space & Tinkering Lab)!

3 Likes

Phyllanthus open their leaves between 6:45 to 7:15 am. Photo was taken outside cube lab HBCSE Mumbai.

6 Likes

Can this be compared with other legumes? What is their time?

1 Like

Ohh, I never thought of it, we should check it definitely .
It will be very intresting to check this phenomenon at different latitudes.

1 Like

No news from weather station friends on the turn of weather on 29 June 2019!!!? @Ashish_Pardeshi

1 Like

Turn of Weather Data , please!

1 Like

Does the sunlight and it’s intensity affect the opening …

What could be their opening up time in winters…only observational study can show…

1 Like

But i have a doubt that if that happen can we call circadian rhythm is an example of quick epigenetic that is taking place and one more doubt i have if it is epigenetics then what is the exact process of how the gene expression is being regulated @Arunan @mayur @GN

3 Likes

What could be the reason of Phyllanthus closing leaves during night?.

1 Like

Lets look for Clock Genes! @bivasnag Do two genes or most likely gene products interact in such a way that expression of the first gene is inhibited by the product of second at a certain concentration, in a feed-back mechanism in a time dependent manner?

A the protein product of gene a -----> b gene producing protein product B… and Protein B feeds back on gene a and inhibits its expression!
How is this model? @bivasnag @mayur @jaikishan @GN @meena74

4 Likes

Model seems good. How do we identify the candidate proteins and genes?

1 Like

Source-www.hunker.com

Can someone explain the reason of their leaves closing??
Do they sleep because they need rest ??
But,they are not so motile, so where do they use energy??

3 Likes

What a pity! We do not get updates on this and other model systems in the CUBE HBCSE @jaikishan Please post photos with description

2 Likes

Turn of weather in Jaipur was on 23rd July 2019!
Is that right? @Ashish_Pardeshi & the weathercock gang!

2 Likes

@Vedikaa what is the status of Phyllanthus leaves at Jaipur?

Currently the leaves of Phyllanthus are almost closed except younger ones which is half closed, at 06:50pm at HBCSE, TIFR, Mumbai

3 Likes

Yes. That was the day Jaipur experienced the first shower of the rainy seasons

2 Likes