Not clear where to begin?

I am not clear where to begin projects. I completed the @discobot challenge, and also received the first certificate.

eager to start some projects. please guide.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

@discobot display help

Help, discobot, help!

1 Like

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start tutorial

Starts one of the following interactive tutorials: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

I still do not know what is discobot (an alien terminology!) and what to do with it! Not clear at all with quote of Princess Diana etc. Such deviation from my objective! Save me! Help me!

1 Like

1 Like

discobot, please give some simple guidelines in ordinary language!

Please faithfully do what the bot says. It is a small puzzle you have to solve.

What is the discobot challenge where to begin it?

It tells me nothing specific! Help!

Can you suggest to your friends what to do with discobot? @bivasnag

Very shabbily designed and anti-intuitive interface. I share the frustration expressed by many of you. Wonder how many of our students/intended audience will have the courage and stamina to play these uncool games. I am willing to help conduct a usability audit, if anyone is interested in improving things here.

1 Like

Your feedback is important for taking it to the next iteration. How to make this cool is our task. Let us discuss specific issues so that the feedback leads to a tangible task for the developers and designers.

Yes, we are interested in listening improving things, and we do have a big plan. Please help conduct a usability audit. How shall we do this?

Let us do this the STEMgames way. Let us make this a collaborative project/challenge. Let us get ideas from all members of this community. If it is okay with you, I will start a new topic/activity on this :smile:

“Better light a candle, than curse the darkness”

Sure. Please compose the project as a Wiki in the Staff group. After it is ready we will release it. Is that OK?

That’s precisely the problem. I have never been able to spot the Wiki you often talk about. Why do’nt you explicitly mention the link/handle to such concepts ? Or put up an explicit link on the opening page itself. Recognising/identifying such irritants can be the first step in our usability
audit.

@discobot display help